Thursday, June 05, 2008

Ridgecrest Music Week - Day 4

Well, tonight ends one of the best Music Weeks at Ridgecrest ever for me. Not only was it special because of the hymnbook dedication and some very good classes, but it was a really nice getaway for the family. In fact, Nathan told us several times tonight that he didn't want to leave. Me either! Still, there's a lot of exciting things happening in our lives now in which we need to get back and attend to.

After the morning devotions this morning, I attended a very interesting class on ministering to younger children in regards to motivation for singing. Following that I was able to hear a lecture on flow in worship by David Edwards, who had performed in Tuesday evening's feature. Some very good reminders there.

The afternoon saw me in a continuation of yesterday's classes with David Odle on Blended worship, this one centered around the future of Sanctuary Choirs. There were lots of good ideas on helping to transition your choir into being true worship leaders. I also was able to attend part of a class on projection systems and screens, which served as a reinforcement for the research I've been doing for the vision I have to expand the multimedia ministry of our church.

The evening feature was a culmination concert featuring the children, youth, and adults who participated in the conference choirs. This is most always a highlight of the week, tonight being no exception.

Tomorrow we go home. It really has been a refreshing and fulfilling time for me and my family. I hope I am able to spend some time in the prayer garden up on the mountain tomorrow morning. That is something else I always try to do each time I'm here. It is a real communal time between myself and the Lord.

No comments: