Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ridgecrest Music Week - Day 3

What a busy, but fruitful day! Today begin with a short devotional time up on "Rocking Chair Ridge" where we sang several songs from the new hymnal together. After that began a full day of classes, beginning with a class on "how to purchase the right keyboard" and one on how to teach melody to preschoolers. In the latter of those I got to make a streamer craft to take home (Nathan was very impressed I might add.)

After Morning Worship, which was again very good, I took a class with Maribeth Johnson on vocal praise teams which was interesting. Her husband, as I mentioned in the last post, is a songwriter for LifeWay. At the end of class I got to request to her that they play "Great is Your Faithfulness," my favorite of her husband's songs that night at the songwriter's afterglow. And not only did she remember my request, but they used it to end the program, which I thought was very special.

I also attended a very engaging session on worship team building and leadership this afternoon that was quite good. I plan to go back to some of the follow-up sessions tomorrow on that.

This evening's feature was again a very unique blend of performers. There was a former Truth vocalist gone soloist named Peter Penrose who has a very soulful and powerful voice (with a very high range I might add. I got to talk with him personally after the program, which was really neat. We swapped some worship leading stories and talked about hand-signals(I had noticed he had used some in communicating with the band on stage). Also in the program was a group called "This Hope." They reminded me a lot of GLAD, one of my favorite all time Christian groups, as they did a lot of a capella numbers. Very good harmonies and blend!

And I've already mentioned the afterglow concert, which we could hear very well after opening the window in the room. That was a great close to a great (but tiring) day. I was also able today to reconnect with a few other contacts and Ridgecresters I hadn't seen in a while. Tomorrow looks to be busy too, but the blessings keep coming!

No comments: