Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Early in the morning"


A while back, my little guy started singing in the backseat of the truck a little jingle he made up that repeated the mantra "Early in the morning....." over and over again, same pitch patterns, etc. It's been weeks since then, but tonight he brought back that same melody, so he and I (okay mostly me) came up with some expanded lyrics to the song:

Early in the morning
I will praise my Jesus
In the noon-tide hour
I will praise my King
When the sun goes down I
Still will praise my Jesus
Halle - Hallelujah
Let His praise abound!

Let His praise abound now
In His Sanctuary
Worshippers arise and
See His lasting light
Let His praise abound now
For His love surrounds us
United in one voice we
come to give You praise!

(More to come...??)

©2008 Chris Bridges & son

No comments: