Monday, June 23, 2008

The Commission God Gave Me

I was reading a wonderful passage in Colossions today that the Lord showed me. After a sermon yesterday that reminded us ministers on the importance of what we do, I thought this was a good follow up:

1 Colossians 1:25-26 (NIV)
I have become its [the gospel] servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness - the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages, but is now disclosed to the saints.

We are servants of the gospel! We as ministers have been not only asked, but commissioned, called into service. And what an important duty we carry - that of being stewards of the great mystery! At the end of the chapter, another verse that gave me some hope with all of the tiredness I'm facing because of the move, VBS, and other things, was v.29:

To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy which so powerfully works in me.

Wow! Isn't is awesome to know that God's power is available to us? I know I'm asking for His power to work in me this week that's for sure. I pray that for all of the teachers involved in VBS as well, too.

In Chapter 3, another keystone verse for me was vs.8, which speaks of making sure no one leads you captive through human based arguments and philopsophy - something we call should be alert against.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you sounded as good as you look I'am sure all enjoyed you singing. Smile cause God loves you. Praying that our Lord will watch over you all and give you a safe trip. In Christ Ray B.