Monday, July 15, 2013

Ridgecrest Music Week 2013 Day One

As I normally do while I'm at Ridgecrest for Music Week, or rather -ahem- "Worship Week" (must train myself to use the fancy new title), I try to summarize some thoughts on what I've gleaned from each day.  To be honest, this is primarily to help myself not forget some things, but it it's also to share with some friends who may not have gotten to go or as a report to some folks back home on how we're getting along here this week.  So, yes, it's an accountability thing for me (self-enforced). :)

We arrived a bit earlier this year in order to have time to get the kids registered for things and to look through the course offering and plan our week.  This year, Nathan had the opportunity to audition for a part in the children's choir camp musical, directed and written by Celeste Clydesdale.  We were excited that he got the part of "Fireball" in the musical "Blast Off".  This is really the first drama part in a musical like is he's ever attempted, so this will stretch him a bit, in a good way.  

Tonight's opening worship was very encouraging.  We began with "Blessed Assurance" to set the evening off, and had a mini-message from us conference Pastor Eric Geiger, who reminded us that while worship isn't always "spectacular" it should always be "supernatural."  After this, Paul Baloche led in a worship concert, singing many of his staples such as "Open the Eyes of My Heart" and "Above All" as well as some I was not familiar with.  One I had not heard that I think I may bring back to use at our church was one called "The Same Love" (not to be confused with the very irreverent secular song with a similar title).



2 comments:

Bonnie T said...

Thanks for sharing, Chris. I really want to be there and will enjoy your blogs this week, I'm sure. Blessings to you and your family and congratulations to Nathan!

Jonathan Turner said...

Hey Chris, we are working on "The Same Love" with choir right now. A nice arrangement from Lillenas. Hope you are having a good week.