Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ridgecrest Music Week 2012 Day Four

By the way, last night's movie "Unconditional" was VERY good.  I am always skeptical about Christian-based movies, as many, sadly, tend to have lower-rate acting, and in other was are so disappointing.  Not the case with this one.  The acting in Unconditional was superb.  The story, which is based on a true story, is gripping, emotional, and filled with moments of hope in humanity.  It is emotional, but you don't feel emotionally manipulated, either.

Today was another full day.  And in typical Music Week fashion, this is the point of the week where I start to feel my brain is full.  Still, lots of new information, tips, and tricks were shared today that I'll take with me. I started the day with another children's class dealing with movement.  I had such a good experience with the teacher I had yesterday, I chose to go back to another one of her classes.  I discovered a treasure of Silly Songs in a collection called "Crazy Praise 3" that was so good I immediately went and bought it.  There are songs on the recording with titles such as "I Think I'm Going to Throw Up" (It's not what you think;) ) and Ketchup on My Apples.  I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

I toot two tech classes today.  The first dealt with Video Editing, and I did get some good tips on some software recommendations, tips, and tricks, that may help us in the future.  One thing I did learn that shouldn't have surprised me was about how fast the shift to web-casting and pod-casting worship services is coming upon us.  Very few churches are choosing to rebroadcast on television anymore.  I still think there is value in that sort of ministry, but it is clear that technology is changing here in a big way.  The second class I took was on Copyright Issues (as it relates to music/tech), and I was reminded about how confusing the web of permissions and licenses required to do ministry can be.  Some things were cleared up in my mind, but others, not so much.  Still, I am glad I took the class, as much has changed in this area just over the past few years.  I was also  able to get some advice from one of the tech teachers on replacement mic ideas for our hanging choir mics when we remove our middle one for the projector.

This morning's worship music was again very good (although it has been so loud some days I feel my ears have been bleeding :)  )  Travis Cottrell led in "Jesus Saves" this morning, which our choir did a few weeks back.  It was good to hear that song led live by the person who wrote it.

Nathan's children's choir had its end of week performance this afternoon, and the camp youth choir sang as well.  Both groups did very well.  We are about to head to supper, and then the final evening feature with Charles Billingsley.  

Oh, and maybe one more trip to Nibble Nook.  :)

No comments: