Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm No Superman


Perhaps as a minister I shouldn't disclose this vice, but one of my favorite shows is "Scrubs." Although the morality of the show can be questionable at times, it sometimes can be very accurate in its portayal of humanity and also very touching. While doing my devotion this morning, I had music playing in the background, and the theme song "I'm No Superman" begin to play in the shuffle. I almost turned it off, but then let it play because the line "I can't do this all on my own. I'm no Superman" rang out. That caught my attention because I tend in my life to tackle too many things at once. I have never been the best delegator. Maybe you're like that too?

Also, to hit it home, my LifeWalk devotional reading this morning was about the temptation of Jesus passage in Luke. The author of the devotion suggested that we should carry a small battery in our pocket all day long to remind us of the source of power that we have in the Holy Spirit, both to resist temptation as well as a general source of strength in our lives. I may try that today. After all, I'm no Superman! I certainly need all the power and help I can get!

No comments: