Sunday, January 06, 2008

Avoiding the Hall of Shame

I was just reading an article about Britney Spears. The article was from CNN and was describing how as Britney was released from the Hospital, Dr. Phil provided counsel to her and her family. This is his quote:

"My meeting with Britney and some family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention"

I still do not fully understand the public's fascination of the downfall of her life. It's very obvious she needs help. We didn't need Dr. Phil to tell us that. One of the saddest parts of the whole story is how Britney has done so many kooky things, that it barely can fit into a summary for news "soundbyte" purposes. The last paragraph of the article states just that:

Spears and Federline married in October 2004. Her life has spiraled downward since their divorce in July. She has been photographed without underwear and appeared to be drunk and out-of-control in public. She shaved her head, beat a car with an umbrella and spent a month in rehab.

I normally wouldn't blog about something so overpublicized as this, but this particular paragraph really just blew me away. I'm thankful for the power of Christ to change lives. He changed mine! I'm not perfect, but if you were to summarize the past several years of my life, I'd like to say my "rap sheet" for the most part did contain some bits of attempting to make a difference in this world for Christ. What does your rap sheet say? Have you done anything as of late that would put you in the hall of fame, or hall of shame?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.