Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Spring in Winter

The Lord gave me a thought today when I was listening to Him. It is December. Yet, for some reason it has been almost 80 degrees two days in a row. My window in my office is open. It doesn't make sense, and it surely wasn't expected.

I think sometimes in our lives, we expect winter to be what it is - winter. Cold, barren, lifeless. Sometimes we go through seasons in our lives where we are in a spiritual winter. We don't expect much out of ourselves or others. But sometimes, like the past two days in the weather, the Lord surprises us with a burst of life - an unexpected spring in the middle of our winter. I think we need to do more of expecting the unexpected. The Lord can (and will) surprise us, and sometimes those surprises can actually be good. It's all about faith.

No comments: