Friday, December 14, 2007

Moth in the Window


I usually don't work Fridays. However, it's the holidays and I just couldn't help myself. From my earlier post in the week "a spring in winter" you may remember my office has been 80 degrees most of the week. I just went to the window to open it. There waiting on the sill, patiently, with a gentle flutter to let me know it was alive, was a little moth. He (we'll call him a he) almost seemed excited that I was approching the window. I of course, opened it and the moth gingerly flittered out into the beautiful weather. It was really neat. I thought, wow, how many times have we waited on God like that? Most of the times if the window doesn't open we get mad, angry, and repeatedly (like other insects I've seen) bang over and over at the window, hoping it will magically disappear. Still, someone bigger than that moth (in this case me - but in our case, God) knew the proper timing (for the moth, it happened to be an unexpected Friday where normally this office would be vacant). He could have laid in the window with a frustrated or hopeless spirit, or he could have waited for just the right time. He's enjoying freedom now. For you, I don't know when your window will be opened, but I pray at that right time, you'll flutter, straighten your wings, and take off to the freedom You were meant to enjoy.

No comments: